Monday, October 11, 2010

Nagumomo

For past few months i've been so engrossed and attracted by two major characters of religious history. First being Sita and second Saint Mirabai. Why, when and how will be discussed in a different post, but then i came upon this amazing telugu songs, which was background score in one of a movie. I found the song and heard them as well, tough i couldnt find one of them on youtube, i downloaded it directly, but you can listen the other one over here. Though i dont understand telugu, i liked the songs and  searched for the meaning and i found it. And once i got to know the meaning i found the lyrics quite interesting. So posting the meaning of the lyrics ova here.

The first song is Nagumomo :



Invisible, smiling face
Knowing my sorrow
Won’t you protect me?

You who lifted the Govardhana Hill
Your councilors cannot fail
To remind you of your duty to me

Could the King of Birds
Who obeys your every command
Refuse to bring you to me?
Might he say, ‘the earth where you live
Is too far from the sky’?

You are a great soul
Whose comfort and protection
Offer solace to the universe
To whom else can I voice my unhappiness?
I can’t bear your tricks
Come to me



And the second song is O Rama :



Lover of Lakshmi
Scion of the Solar Dynasty
I can’t bear this separation
Your lotus eyes instill in me
Belief that penetrates the depths of my heart
And yet you treat me as a stranger
Have you no place for those
Who have mastered the body
And fully realized themselves?

I shall walk ahead
And you will follow
I shall walk ahead
And I love you all
Rest easy now, my child
Rest easy, I know you
The praise you gave
That my eyes were like flowers
Rest easy now, my child 

No comments:

Post a Comment